General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

9-3 A/C motor & wiper problems: PLEASE HELP

Old 09-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Default 9-3 A/C motor & wiper problems: PLEASE HELP

Recently I noticed that whenever I use my A/C or defroster, the air will STAY on at that current speed and will not shut off, even AFTER I turn the car off and take the keys in the house. The air stayed on through the entire night and by the next day it had drained my new battery dry and the car would not start. And another similar problem is that the wiper blades will only work on one speed and the washer fluid does not spray, and when I go to turn the wiper blades off, they will stop exactly where they're at in my view of driving instead of moving all the way down to the bottom of the windshield. And lastly, my check engine light is on and the 'time for service' message keeps beeping, but nothing appears to be wrong with the car (unless it has something to do with the A/C and wiper problems). Although when I got an oil change last week, the car said I had no oil pressure at all which must have been false if I JUST put oil in the car, so could the check engine light be related to a bad oil pressure sensor? I called my Saab dealer and they wanted to replace the blower motor for the A/C and the wiper motor and said it would cost $950 (yikes!). But when I read online, it almost sounds like the blower motor resistor is what the actual problem is, because I'm still getting air so I don't assume anything is wrong with the blower motor itself cause technically my A/C does work (it just never shuts off). I'm getting ready to move to Florida next week so I need some input immediately on what I can do to fix these problems. Any help would be appreciated...