General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Error P0340 After loss of power. Cam Belt Issues ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM

Unhappy Error P0340 After loss of power. Cam Belt Issues ?

Hi guys, i have always used the forum but never posted ...until now !
I Was in my Saab the other day and i was on a bypass when i put my foot down, once i had done that the car lost power and died on me, instant thought, Cam belt.
I stop the car and looked under the bonnet and took the side guard off to check the belt, it was frayed and a 2-3mm section of it has come off, but the rest of the belt was in tact and on the pulleys so i just hope i was very lucky, it may have been like that for a while?.
I checked the error messages on my cheap and cheerful tester and it came it with p0340 which i know to be the camshaft sensor. I have also now got p1110 and p1109 which i think is to do with boost and air pressure.
I could not get the car started, i will need the cambelt done ASAP but as it was still on the cams i think its ok for damage caused, but im at a loss for the cause of the engine not starting, would it be a new sensor and belt and be ok or could this whole thing be worse? i love this car so i hope its ok, the car has done 140k so i was thinking about number two belt change in the next few months but not quite this soon ....Thanks guys.

Last edited by wilco0479; 03-08-2016 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 AM

oh, its a 9-3 vector sport 1.9tid 150bhp...2005