New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi again

Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Hi again

The first time that I posted I ask a question without introducing myself. My name is Jay and I live in Allentown,Pa. I love diesel powered cars. I have ownedGM, VW, and Mercedes diesel powered cars.
But,my son just bought my neighbors 1999 9-5SE with 155K and a turbo 4 cyclinder. My neighbor bought the car from a customer at the dealership he works at. If I got my facts correct, the car had the timing chain guide fail and it took ot the turbo???? He gave me all the reciepts from the parts that he replaced including a new turbo , timing parts and headgasket parts, plus many more mis. parts. The parts cost more the a grand at his cost.He also gave my son a new ignition discharge module. Someone mentioned the sludge problems but the neighbor had the engine apart and he says there is no sludge problem.
I'm here because 1- I have no experence working on Saabs, 2- I'll be doing most of the work on this car. So I'll soon be posting some basic Saab question on the 9-5 section. If you could help I would appreace it.I want to thank you all in advance for your advice on this car.Your friend, Jay
Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hi again

Ever messed with biodiesel? I love the idea of making my own fuel, but could never find a good condition diesel mercedes...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:49 PM

bio disel owns
Old 05-08-2007, 12:06 AM

Roto, I never got into the bio-diesel thing, but I like the idea of using non taxed fuel. At this point in my life it would be to much work to save a few bucks.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

To me it's not the economical side that matters, it's t he idea of not being dependent on fossil fuels.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Me i like the FREE thing head to mcdonalds clean the grease traps filter and put in your tank
Old 05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Joe, you can't just run it like that on that nasty oil...I mean it could owrk, but you'll be changing fuel filters every 200 miles...
Old 05-11-2007, 04:38 PM

thats how it works you filter it they did it on mythbusters

Old 05-11-2007, 04:44 PM

thats how it works you filter it they did it on mythbusters

Search this Thread