Gravel Saab? Customer Service?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Thumbs down Gravel Saab? Customer Service?

Hi All,

My personal experience at GRAVEL Saab, Montreal

I would like to start off by saying - I love Saabs. When I first looked at the early 'modern' 93s in the 1990's , I wanted one. I have been fortunate to have a life that affords me the opportunity to own one.

A 2007 93 Aero.

Now, I would like to bring to light my experiences with a local dealership as of late. I feel I'm being treated unfairly, and have just gotten off the phone with the director of the dealership after my conversation with the customer service technician led nowhere.

April 2011: I approach the end of my 'drivetrain' warranty (98k km on it), and noticed a strange 'stuttering issue' . Schedule my car for final warranty 'maintenance' with a mention of the issue for them to check out, as well as a full cleaning - inside and out. I brought my laptop with me to the dealership, and worked while waiting for my car to be finished.

The car gets cleaned first, and once done, heads to the garage for the maintenance / issue

When done, the saab technician mentions that there is 0 detected by the tech 2, and that he didnt find anything wrong. Ok. While exiting my car, he mentions that my windows werent working - What? I immediately look at the switch, and see water/cleaner residue in the cracks. Okay.... I wasnt too concerned, and figured if it was water or cleaner, it would evaporate and eventially work.. over the next month, the windows (front - both sides) would randomly go down at intervals i couldnt associate with any kind of pattern or bump or road etc... the windows would work on 1/3 of the button presses, and could sporadically change direction. These symptoms convinced me that it was some remaining liquid in the electronics. At the same time, the 'stuttering' issue seemed to be increasing in frequency now as well.

Caring more about the motor, i made a visit in mid May 2011.

By that point, i could repeat the stuttering issue on demand, and was able to show the technician on a test drive. He agreed that it was an issue, and once we got back to the dealership, he grabbed the tech2 quickly and checked the car, nothing showed up. I mentioned the windows issue to the customer service technician (same guy as in april), and that i would stop another day to get the looked at and fixed. But in our discussions regarding the motor, he mentioned that electronics were not covered in the 'drivetrain' warranty, and that it was most likely an electronic issue. As much as that was not the answer I wanted to here, I reluctantly accepted it - as I had done my own research on the issue, and discovered the known issue of coilpacks prematurely 'burning' out. So I had to accept it, as what I thought was the cause, was precisely 'electronic'.

Today, I contacted the dealership to make an appointment for them to look at the windows, and fix the issue the liquid caused from the wash.

The customer service technician took the precise stance of:

"It could very well be a coincidence that your window stopped working"

Now... I am not someone who likes to complain. However, If ever I feel like I am being truely screwed with, then I will make sure it is known.

I could not believe that he was actually going to take that stance with me. I will spare you all with the details of the heated conversations, but I was not happy. It went nowhere, and my bloodpressure was going somewhere, so I got off the phone. I contacted the director. I explained my issue to the director, and although he was more 'pleasant' than his technician, he is taking the same stance 'how do we know there wasnt an issue with your windows before?'

It ends that the director will be getting back to me within 48 hours after checking some details out.

I will keep this post updated with the details of the situation, and the further customer service experiences I have with them