HELP!! Convertible top won't go down....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 PM

Exclamation HELP!! Convertible top won't go down....

Hello everyone..... I'm new to the site and need a little help. My 2007 9-3 top is having some issues. The back window lifts up, but then it beeps at me like it's completed it's fold down, and the display on the dash says to check for obstructions in the trunk under the storage area but there is nothing there. I pushed around on the storage fabric to no avail. The sensor is still sensing something that isn't there.....

Any ideas what to do?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM

Update.....got the top down by just pushing around on things, but I'd still like to know how the trunk senses something under the storage compartment.......if anyone knows. I'm thinking I'll see this problem again.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM

make sure the part in the trunk that hangs down is not tied up for those are what the sensors are in my convertible. The idea is that if its not hanging down freely inside the trunk the sensors are thinking you have things in the trunk that the top would be running into to. When they hang down freely the sensors are reading plenty of room for the top to fold down into the trunk. I don't know if your 2007 works on the same theories that my 2000 does but just something to check into.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:35 PM

My 2000 9-3 top won't go down just beeps! Just bought week ago and there isn't owners manual? Where do I start to figure out what's wrong ?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:53 AM

I'd still like to know how the trunk senses something under the storage compartment.......if anyone knows. I'm thinking I'll see this problem again.???
Old 01-12-2023, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by shipp1964
Hello everyone..... I'm new to the site and need a little help. My 2007 9-3 top is having some issues. The back window lifts up, but then it beeps at me like it's completed it's fold down, and the display on the dash says to check for obstructions in the trunk under the storage area but there is nothing there. I pushed around on the storage fabric to no avail. The sensor is still sensing something that isn't there.....

Any ideas what to do?
I have the same car '07 Saab 9-3 convertible..top starts as if it going down. Stops , lid is open ...back of top is lifted.. then nothing.???? Please help