Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   General Auto Related Help Area (https://saabforums.com/forum/general-auto-related-help-area-8/)
-   -   car died while on freeway (https://saabforums.com/forum/general-auto-related-help-area-8/car-died-while-freeway-1559/)

rayray02 02-23-2009 12:36 AM

car died while on freeway

I have a '02 Conv SE, car is on limp home mode. Driving up to Bakersfield and the car all of a sudden stopped responding. The lights looked dim and steering just seem to gotten heavy. Pulled over, turned the key off and turn it back on. It started fine, then went on my merry way. But it dit it again, same thing, but this time since i have the momentum i tried to down shift and i heard the engine revved but same thing it died. Turn the ign key off and on, and car kept on going as if nothing happened.
Took it the dealer and he said only thing he had to do was reset the limp home mode and reset my thottle body. No errors were found on what i've described to him...
Has anyone experienced something like this? Please help...

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Saab Fahrer 02-23-2009 06:58 AM

Usually, when a throttle body gets kicked into "Limp Home" mode, its the result of a failed throttle body. Did they say what codes were stored? It doesn't go into Limp Home mode for no reason!

gatr2000 03-20-2009 11:04 AM

car just dies then restarts

I have this very same problem..i can go days without it stalling...then..3 times in 1a ten mile stretch. It never stalls under highway speeds..and when it stalls I feel this little "kick" under the driver floor board. I usually go to nuetral and fire it back up and go on.

sea foam and stuff like that doesn't change the scenario which is very random...I would love to know how to deal with this...without getting killed...my engine light came on long ago over another small issue..beyond that i have stupid problems like 3 out of 4 powerwindows are not working..off track...for no reason.

Originally Posted by rayray02 (Post 5200)
I have a '02 Conv SE, car is on limp home mode. Driving up to Bakersfield and the car all of a sudden stopped responding. The lights looked dim and steering just seem to gotten heavy. Pulled over, turned the key off and turn it back on. It started fine, then went on my merry way. But it dit it again, same thing, but this time since i have the momentum i tried to down shift and i heard the engine revved but same thing it died. Turn the ign key off and on, and car kept on going as if nothing happened.
Took it the dealer and he said only thing he had to do was reset the limp home mode and reset my thottle body. No errors were found on what i've described to him...
Has anyone experienced something like this? Please help...

Thanks in advance,
Ray

lucas1231 05-16-2011 04:52 PM

im having the same problem with mine,it is the same model,i have replaced the throttle body twice,and i am still having the same problem.