Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to the forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-forum-421/)

dieter 12-28-2006 11:10 AM

New to the forum

New to the forum here. Bought a 2006 9-3 Aero Turbo V6 back in July and I love it. Am in the Army and stationed over here in Germany. And I must say the car handles beautifuly doing 120-130 mph down the Autobahn. Don't do it too often but she needs to go fast a little now and again.
Anywho, the reason I joined the forum is obvisiously like anyone else, advice. Have been doing a lot of research as far as performance upgrades are concerned. The only place I've found so far is BSR, at least for my year and model.
Question 1: The 07's are already out so why is it that so few companies that say they specialize in SAAB performance don't have anything for the 05's and up? I'm not looking for anything special, something like a Cold Air Intake or exhaust...... from another company other than BSR. Just don't want to settle for one company.

Question 2: What's with the radio? Have been reading on a few forum sites, this one included, at how difficult it is to replace the head unit, people having all kinds of problems. I probably screwed myself on this one because I have the nav system in mine. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I would like to at least change out the factory speakers for some aftermarket stuff and I am afraid that I'll muck something up.

Other than those 2 little "issues" and I say that lightly, I love my Saab. Handles great, has plenty of power (would like some more though) and I get a lot of compliments on it. Hope to here back from some you guys that have been with Saab longer that me. Thanks.

Dieter

[IMG]local://upfiles/685/D536F3D4F5694C6AA680DEA70117F148.jpg[/IMG]

Reddragon 08-13-2007 07:13 PM

RE: New to the forum

Nice car! I have the exact same car (and am also in the military, at Ft Meade at present). Waiting to get it back from the body shop ($23,000 damage). Supposed to be good as new. If you find anything about the cold air intake please let me know.

Regards,
Michael

Roto 08-13-2007 09:41 PM

RE: New to the forum

Very nice car...as far as the CAI goes, I actualy have not seen one. I know of a few exhausts, a few suspension kits and an LSD made for that car. It takes a while for companies to catch up with saabs because it's such a limited market, however may I suggest contacting Nick at genuinesaab.com and asking about it? He might have something in the works...

as far as the radio goes....well you're out of luch with the head unit, sorry...speakers on the other hand...there is nothing special abput those as far as I know (check with the dealer though) and I know people that run aftermarket amps, subwoofers, and speakers in newer saabs...wiring's a b**** or so I heard...