Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New to the forum and Sweed Speed (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-forum-sweed-speed-754/)

theavelyn 11-25-2007 10:53 PM

New to the forum and Sweed Speed

Hello. I just purchased a 2004 9-5 Arc with 48k. The car is excellent and very fun to drive. This is my first Saab. I have always driven BMW and Honda. I will admit that I was a bit nervous about buying anything associated with GM. I did a great deal of research on Saab and it made me feel a bit more comfortable. I love the car because it is fun to drive and different from everything else on the road.
Are there any quirks or maintenance issues that I need to be aware of? I have changed the oil with Mobile 1 0w-40 as suggested by the dealer. I also replaced the plugs with the OEM NGKs and replaced the air filter. (that is a pain!). Anything else at this point?

I thank you in advance for your wisdom.

Slow Joe 11-26-2007 08:07 AM

RE: New to the forum and Sweed Speed

We just bought our '04 9-3 Arc, and I replaced the Sterpentine Belt as well...

We were lucky, our Saab threw a check engine light and needed plugs so the plugs got replaced at the dealership with either 48XXX or 49XXX on 'em under warranty, so I'm happy about that...

When I spoke with our local Saab dealership they said 5W30, so I should check into that with another Saab dealership... And most likely change my oil a little early so as not to cause any damage.

BTW!! Good Buy! I wanted to get a 9-5, butthe car isfor my fiance, and she fell in love with a lime yellow Convertible...

There is one thing I've noticed while putting on my serpentine belt is that with these cars you need patience while you're working on 'em...

theavelyn 11-26-2007 02:48 PM

Oil weight may deend on where you live. I am in Ohio. Patience is definately needed. I learned that with my BMW. We love the 9-5. I actually like the looks of the 9-3 a little better but like you, this is my wifes car. She likes it so that is all that matters. Always remeber "Happy wife=Happy Life!"

Have a good one.

Roto 11-26-2007 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: theavelyn

Always remeber "Happy wife=Happy Life!"

Amen to that

Slow Joe 11-27-2007 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: theavelyn

Oil weight may deend on where you live. I am in Ohio. Patience is definately needed. I learned that with my BMW. We love the 9-5. I actually like the looks of the 9-3 a little better but like you, this is my wifes car. She likes it so that is all that matters. Always remeber "Happy wife=Happy Life!"

Have a good one.
I'm in WI so it shouldn't be different...

And Happy Wife = Happy Life! I'm learning that quickly, we aren't even married yet (Aug this comming year) but it's something I'm learning quickly...

theavelyn 11-27-2007 10:15 PM

UniversalLAW of happiness:

The happiness of the entire household is directly proportional the the least happy female within that household.