New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

noo-b

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM

Default noo-b

Hi Folks,

At the end of December, I bought a 2008 93 SS. The car is the absolute base model. No options...no auto tranny, no cold weather, no moonroof, no special paint, NOTHING! The rebates were just amazing and the car was truly a great deal ($19.5k). I had been considering things like Accord, Altima, Legacy, Jetta, but the Saab stole my heart and left my wallet a big thicker than the rest I had been looking at. This is my first Saab, although my sister has had two current gen 93s (totaled an 03 and replaced with an 04 saved her life tho).

I have just over 2000 miles on my car, and have had more problems already than I was expecting, but I love the car nonetheless. I had the voltage related no ESP, no ABS, no speedo errors... my door hinge bolts are loose... the parcel shelf rattles like mad, and I am convinced that the car is going 4mph slower than the speedo shows. I have gotten to know my service guy pretty well.

In any event, I hope the car turns out to be fantastic and that these first few issues are all I am going to encounter besides maintenance.

I am eager and ready to start modding. I'm looking at wheel/tire combos, tints, audio upgrades, etc. Any advice would be very welcomed!

Thanks Folks,

Josh

Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Default RE: noo-b

Don't feel bad, where I work we have a few models like that. Tons of warranty work before the first oil change. But in all honesty, once the "kinks" are worked out, they really are nice vehicles! Just be patient and enjoy the car! Congrats on the purchase BTW!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

19.5K???? I think I'm going to go hit up the dealer and see if I can get an 08 leftover...
Old 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM

yeah. it was a great deal. car started at 28.8. gms discount brought to 26.5ish. then, 5000 came off for december rebates... that brought it to 21.5ish, and another 2000 for lease deal (if you had a lease ending before july, another 2000 comes off), so thats down to 19.5ish. great deal!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 PM

Awesome deal and welcome to the forum! Can't say I can give you much advice as to modding the new 9-3's; I have pretty much stock everything on my 2001 9-3 and am looking to upgrade as well. Good luck and share your experiences here!