New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Salutations

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 AM

Default Salutations

Just joined up and thought I would say Hi. I've been a Saab lover ever since I could drive with my very first car being a 1976 99GL and fell in love with em ever since (the 99's were tanks, and I had my share of accidents in it to prove it). I've been without a Saab for a long time, but after about 12 years of looking I finally found the one I had been looking for and purchased it last week, so I'm a proud Saab owner once again, of a 1994 NG900SE Turbo 2dr.

I'm not a Saab mechanic, but tend to do all service work on my vehicles myself and learn as I go, so I may not be able to offer much assistance in service areas, but will gladly do so where I can. I do alot with stereos as a hobby though and just finished doing a complete upgrade on mine, which is always a learning experience with foreign cars, so I may be able to help some in that area.

I dont know if you are affiliated with the Volvo forums, but that is where I come from, as I also have a 1995 850 Turbo wagon. I just like the Swedish stuff I guess .
Old 04-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum! I might be asking you for audio advice as I move on with my carputer...hehe.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Roto
Welcome to the forum! I might be asking you for audio advice as I move on with my carputer...hehe.
I almost went that route instead of the multimedia system I put in, and to be honest I am glad I didnt go for the computer. There are some cool benefits and additions to using a computer instead, but with those comes all the other hassles and issues, not to mention the inherently horrible environment for a computer to be in. They are becoming slightlymore popular though and as certain prices come down on the solid state stuff, I'm sure I will be playing around with one soon enough.

If you're set on doing one, I will be happy to help out where I can.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

I'm mostly doing it for the live data readouts. I mess around A LOT with the software in my ECU and seeing an RPM vs Wideband vs EGT vs Knock is pretty crucial. Not to mention that thanks to guys at ECUProject we can now change boost maps on the fly, but only if you have a computer. The solid state stuff is actually a huge, slow and unreliable PITA. With regular components you can build a pretty solid machine...just gotta remember to use shock absorbers on the HDD:-D That and I really don't care about the high end sound systems since I can't tell a difference.