Cabin air on constant high

Old 05-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Default Cabin air on constant high

This is sort of an annoying problem. My air is stuck on high and will not turn off. I have to actually either disconnect the battery or remove the fuse for it turn off. For a small time period prior to this i was having trouble with the air actually coming on. Every so often it just wouldnt work. Now maybe a month later its the reverse. At this point I've removed the fuse to stop the air from blowing. I've gone through all the relays and none of them seem to relay anything to do with the cabin fan since when I pulled them out the air continued to blow. Anyone ever heard of this ridiculous problem before or have any ideas on what it could be?
Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Default RE: Cabin air on constant high

never heard of this; but id like to know whats the problem, curious. Is your car still under warranty?
Old 05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

What year are you? Is it ACC or manual?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

my car sometimes full blast ac when my saab is turned on,but a couple clicks on the fan setting and it turns off or at a lower fan speed,never heard of this>?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:33 AM

oh it happens to my car too. Theres times when i start the car and it comes out at full blast like u said but then i turn it down and adjust it with no problem.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM

its a 2003 9-3 linear no longer under warranty. i can adjust the airflow setting as much as i like it doesnt change a thing. i went so far as to pull the unit out of the dash and disconnect it from the car and the air still kept blowing so its definitely not the dash control unit.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:17 PM

Ahh, I have the same problem.

Just happened tonight but I had earlier issues (about 6 months ago) where the air periodically wouldn't come on. Seemingly resolved itself after I brought the car in for a look on other issues but I guess not.

I was driving with the air off (just got my car back after the 45,000 mile checkup, second time I've driven it) and the air came on full blast. Adjusting the air has no effect nor does adjusting the vent output. Air stays on high even when the car is off, nice.

I had to disconnect the battery to get it to shut off but it comes right back when I reconnect. I guess I'll look into the manual to find out which fuse to pull, btw does anyone know whether keeping just the positive connection on the battery will drain it?

I've got an appointment this tuesday (lock system failures) and will certaintly have them take a look. I'll make sure to swing back by to give you guys an update.

Glad I'm not the only one, I guess

[Edit] (This is also a 2003 9-3 Linear)
Old 06-06-2008, 01:14 PM

I have a 2004 9-3 Linear and it's doing the same thing. I can't adjust the air and when the car is off and keys are out, it still blows at full blast??? Anyone of you guys find a solution yet?
Old 06-07-2008, 02:22 AM

Do you mean a temporary or permanent solution?

Temporarily you can removed the panel on the driver's side of the dash and take out the 40 watt fuse (it's the biggest one by far).

The part for my lock system failures is still not in (3 weeks +) so I haven't been back to the dealership yet.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 PM

Go to SaabCentral.com and look up ACC fan control unit replacement, done by SaabSean. Good write-up. Might fix it.