Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   Saab 9-3 (https://saabforums.com/forum/saab-9-3-11/)
-   -   dont buy a saab, crap (https://saabforums.com/forum/saab-9-3-11/dont-buy-saab-crap-2326/)

mjw69 11-01-2009 04:33 PM

dont buy a saab, crap

Worst cars ever, unreliable crap.
Used to be Brill 10 yr ago, whats happened??
Look at reliablility surveys, down bottom end of pile.
Ford now far better.
If you even post a problem on here people not interested. Wierd.

Roto 11-02-2009 09:14 AM

Details on what exactly made you make such a post? (model, year, milage, service history, problems)?

leetwoah 11-05-2009 08:03 AM

what kind of retarded post was that? and ford is also ontop of toyota now! are you on toyota forums saying that ford is rated better?

mjw69 11-08-2009 04:38 PM

You would not expext a 52 plate saab 93 2.2 tid with 120k on it to need the following.

Airbag sensors (unsure be at least £150)
Airbag module ( £250)
Radio amp failed ( £150)
Exhaust heat shields dropping off ( cheap repair, but very poor)
Bubbling/rust on wing mirrors ( its only 7 yr old)
Extremly noisy rear suspension (embarrasingly loud)
Permanently going into limp mode that a dealer could not 100% pinpoint (so would mean changing random parts at high costs)
Failed electric mirror switch ( didnt repair least of my worries)
Headlight switch always coming out of dashboard ( no cost, but crap)
Noisy front cv joint on left turns.
Dreadfull sound system ( tried another saab in dealer and sound was the same)

Luckily now part exchanged.

Yes it had full saab history

I have had many different cars in last 20yr, do alot of miles a year and this must go down as the worst and most frustating car, I bought this because of saab reputaion but that has long gone, now on a par with renault/citroen and fiat.

Roto 11-08-2009 08:14 PM

Yeah... sounds pretty bad and rather expensive. Sucks that you're having so much trouble with this car. Gotta agree that sound system leaves a lot to be wished for...

Saab Fahrer 11-26-2009 04:33 PM

You can find message boards, similar to this one, for just about every car manufacturer ever built. And on every single one, you will find people complaining that they own the worst make of car ever and will never buy another. You can find BMWs w/ ABS problems, window regulator problems, vacuum leaks You can find Hondas and Acuras with transmission failures and hub problems, you can find GMs w/ steering shafts, ABS problems and transmissions. I'm willing to bet there are a handful of people that would love to trade your Saab because they think they have the biggest lemon ever.

Its unfortunate that you are having so many problems with your car. I hope your next purchase, whatever it may be, serves you better!

mjw69 11-27-2009 11:30 AM

Yes you are quite right, there are many different forums for other manufacturers.
Its just very frustrating when you get a bad one, And to be honest if you look at the manufacturers and model reliability survey, published each year by various methods ( what car, msn cars etc..) they do come way down the table and some of the faults I was getting, mimic what the surveys say.
I am sorry if I have upset Saab owners in my 1st post, yes it was a bad post but I was fuming!
And luckily I am the happy owner of a Mondeo with 175k on the clock, which is faultless.

Saab Fahrer 11-27-2009 06:26 PM

I didn't take any kind of offense, but I have been in the auto industry for quite some time, and I have heard horror stories from just about everywhere! I frequent some of the BMW boards, and they really get upset!

Roto 11-27-2009 06:55 PM

It doesn't take much to upset a BMW driver though :-D

tdotkid 12-10-2009 05:25 PM

I had a BMW recently, and the only thing that worked was the....umm... let me think about it. *scratches head* I dont think anything worked. I mean absolutely nothing worked. It was that bad. I want to get a Saab, and hopefully, it will be much better.