Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   Saab 9-3 (https://saabforums.com/forum/saab-9-3-11/)
-   -   Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo oil pressure warning light (https://saabforums.com/forum/saab-9-3-11/saab-9-3-2-0-turbo-oil-pressure-warning-light-1377/)

saghir 12-20-2008 01:02 PM

Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo oil pressure warning light

Dear All,

I have a 2001 Saab 9-3 2.0 SE turbo recently the car was blowing lots of white smoke and it was rectified by replacing the turbo.

However since I have had the turbo done and even beforehand after a short of the car being started maybe 30 minutes or sothe oil pressure warning light would come on the dashboard. So I woul dimmediatly switch the car off for a short while upon restaring the light would be gone.

I have avoided driving the car because I don't know whether it may cause it more damage.

There is a slight ticking noise coming from the engine.. not knocking just a faint constant tick.

I have read about sludge problems and also something to do with the oil pick up starving the turbo? But don't know whether this is relevant.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me any advice regarding this? What would be the best way to go around fixing this? dealership or back street garage or maybe do myself if not anything heroic involved?

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks and have a Merry Christmas and happy happy new year!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1782/AAEE69032E904E20A8C96FE7EF12F669.jpg[/IMG]

tfoxx1 01-12-2009 11:02 AM

RE: Saab 9-3 2.0 turbo oil pressure warning light

Hi-

Did you ever figure out what was wrong w/ you car? I have a 2000 9-3 and the oil pressure light is doing the same thing. Thanks!

Roto 01-12-2009 12:35 PM

Clean your oil pickup screen first.

saghir 01-12-2009 03:43 PM

Well I had the oil replaced and that light has gone out but the engine management light has now come on. I have had enough so I am now selling the car as it is. I think the common fault with these is the oil pick up pipe gets blocked with sludge and hence the engine is starved of oil. To get this done probably would'nt be too expensive or free if your mechanically minded. If I don't manage to get a good price for the car I will get it done and update. Good Luck p.s. don't drive the car with the oil pressure warning light on as it can cause serious damage to your engine. Probably whats happened to mine. If it comes on switch the car off.

tfoxx1 01-12-2009 04:03 PM

Thank you both!!

Roto 01-12-2009 06:22 PM

The cleaning job runs around $300. It's pretty hard to do in the winter if you don't have a heated garage.

aldersonautos 07-21-2011 07:06 AM

Oil Pressure Fault

Here at alderson autos can garantee to cure this fault for £200. Please visit our website www.aldersonautos.co.uk to find relavant contact details