SID repair or replacement for 2000 9-3

Old 04-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Default SID repair or replacement for 2000 9-3

Anyone know a good company for SID repair for a 2000 9-3? It is a type one, most pixels are out. I was looking at Kramer Micro Repair, they seemed legit. Any other input? thank you!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by tiodecember
Anyone know a good company for SID repair for a 2000 9-3? It is a type one, most pixels are out. I was looking at Kramer Micro Repair, they seemed legit. Any other input? thank you!
I Tried this service and find myself in a dispute with him. The unit he sent did not display brightly and found after several conversations with him that I had to open the unit and reseat the bulbs. After doing this, it displayed fine and I returned my unit to him and awaited the refund credited back to my Credit Card of the amount over and above what he advertised the unit replacement cost. I waited for over a week and wrote when he was going to refund the amount promised in his advertisement. I received an email from him rather than a call in which he asked me if I had repaired the unit. I told him I opened the unit the same as I did his( to seat the bulbs) to determine if the ribbon had deteriorated and attempted no repair. I decided to go with his offer rather than attempt a repair as shown on Utube video and sending to Europe for a ribbon. He stated that I had destroyed the unit and offered me $20 for the unit I returned. I told him to return my unit and I would return his and am in the middle of the transaction to see if he will refund the total amount charged to my credit card of $223.00. (I was skeptical when I did the transaction as it left him in total control) I'll let you know how it turns out. Meanwhile I have gone on ebay and found someone who sells the ribbons and a special soldering iron that is needed to complete the repair.