2002 9-5 Linear for parts???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Default 2002 9-5 Linear for parts???

I didn't know where to post this but I need some advice. I have a 2002 9-5, 5 speed, 154K miles and the transmission went out. My shop told me it is something internal to the transmission but without a tear down they wouldn't be able to fully diagnose.

So here's my quandry: I have no idea what to do with the vehicle. The cost for a transmission rebuild the shop gave me, including labor is around 1.5-2K. I only paid $3000 for the vehicle 2 years ago. I am considering parting it out, but I know of any resources or avenue from which I could do this in a timely (3-6 months) manner. Overall condition of the vehicle is great shape and just recently (July) passed VA state inspection. The interior is immaculate and everything from a mechanical/electrical perspective is functional.

I'm looking for any insight, guidance, or opinion as to options on what to do with the vehicle since I don't want to pay the cost for repairs.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:20 PM

I'm a pretty good wrench and have done this kind of work in the past, but decided I'm going to part out as much as I can then turn it over to a salvage yard for scrap.

Any suggestions on where to post? Classifieds on here? I'm willing to pull whatever part is needed by someone and ship to their location at their cost. And if a larger part, they can come pick it up if too costly to ship. I know it will take a while but since I can garage it, I can take whatever time I need.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 AM

Have you turned it over to a scrap yard yet? I'd be interested in a few parts if they are working
Old 03-04-2015, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by sreed1987
Have you turned it over to a scrap yard yet? I'd be interested in a few parts if they are working
It went to the scrap yard last month however I stripped her clean prior to disposal. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see if I still have it. Everything that I have left was working when the parts were pulled.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:38 PM

I'm looking for side markers, turn signal housings for both sides, original radio, thermostat and the part above the radio
Old 03-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by sreed1987
I'm looking for side markers, turn signal housings for both sides, original radio, thermostat and the part above the radio
Side markers and turn signal housings have already been sold. Thermostat has been sold. I still have the radio. I am assuming the part above the radio you reference is the SID (System Information Display), which has already been sold.

Make me an offer on the radio. It is fully operational. It won't fit in a small USPS priority flat rate box which costs $5.95, so if you want it priority it would be $12.65 or I can ship parcel post for around $8.50 I think.