1994 900s Convertible Central Locking

Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 PM

Default 1994 900s Convertible Central Locking

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can tell me specifically the location of the Central Locking ECU in the 94' convertible and even better, the part number.

I'm unsure of which part it will be because this model is a crossover model with some idiosyncrasies in terms of options. As I understand it, the '94 US model 900s convertible was equipped with a remote controlled central locking module- according to the manual unlike the hatchback of the same year or years prior.

So, this is the situation. Currently the central locking doesn't work. The alarm system works fine with the remote but operates nothing else. The central locking button in the car does nothing as well but it does make a small chirping noise like it's trying to actuate when you press the "on" button but nothing when you press the "off" button. In order to lock or unlock the doors you have to use the key from the outside manually or they all work manually inside. The trunk only opens with the key.

Anyway, please let me know if you are aware of the proper part number and location and if it sounds like the ECU or if I should look elsewhere.

Thanks so much!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:26 AM

Default Convertible lock module

The convertibles I have stripped for parts, use the alarm module usually mounted under the rear seat to control the door locks. There is an on off switch mounted near the handbrake in the center console.
The actual lock control unit used on the hatchback model is jumped with a jumper wire. That control unit was originally mounted below the glove box on the heater floor vent duct.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM

Nice, just to let you know the post isnt showing up properly on my iphone - I think there is a plugin you can grab that takes care of that now.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:16 PM

Default Alarm lock module

Originally Posted by NoelReitz
The convertibles I have stripped for parts, use the alarm module usually mounted under the rear seat to control the door locks. There is an on off switch mounted near the handbrake in the center console.
The actual lock control unit used on the hatchback model is jumped with a jumper wire. That control unit was originally mounted below the glove box on the heater floor vent duct.
Thanks Noel, that's really helpful. So, does the alarm module have that same ECU internally or is it a different thing entirely. Essentially- does anyone know how this might be fixed? Do I need a complete new alarm module?

Additional info: The remote does try to actuate the locks and if I push on the arm of the locking motor in the trunk and then hit the remote button it will push it back at me. I suspect it's the same in the doors because I can hear them chirp when I press the remote or on the on off lock button by the e-brake. It's almost as if it is trying to do actuate the locks but the impulse isn't powerful enough to complete the action.

Any clues would be helpful. Thanks so much.