Stuck Flow control Door?

Old 04-18-2008, 02:14 PM

Default Stuck Flow control Door?

My car is a 1996 900SE Turbo Convertible. My fan is currently blowing partly in the defrost mode and partially in the heater (by the feet) mode. Although the buttons that control the air direction work and display the right direction, the direction doesn't change. I'm not getting any air blowing out of the vents on the dashboard no matter what mode it's in.

Someone told me that my problem appeared to be a problem with my flow control door(s) are malfunctioning or sticking and told me to checkout a website

http://www.saabservices.com/9-5%20ACC%20codes.htm

When I pressed the Auto & off simultaneously it appears to not have displayed any codes. I get a 0 on the left part of the display and then in a few seconds later I get a 1 on the left part of the display.

Am I reading this correctly that no error codes are being displayed.

Someone PLEASE help me. john
Old 04-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Stuck Flow control Door?

When you press the buttons do you hear the motors buzzing? If not than you may have dead servos..
Old 04-18-2008, 03:23 PM

No, I do not hear the motors buzzing. I'm sorry for this ignorant question, but what is a servos?
Old 04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

electric motor... if you don't hear them they could be fried...time to rip the dash apart and get to them and diagnose them..
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Roto, I went ahead and ordered a new stepper motor which controls the blend door. (is this what you were referring to when you said servos motor?) When I took the motor off I made sure that the blend door control was moving freely by carefully turning it with a screwdriver, and it moved freely. Well after I installed the new motor, it did not correct my problem, so I;m at a loss on what to do next. Any suggestions?

One odd thing that now happens is that with the new stepper motor installed when I press the button to direct the air to the dash vents or the lower vents it doesn't change the display on the ACC display.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Do you mind taking the lower dash out again? Look on the passenger side behind the ACC box. The drum that is responsible for flow control has a place where the linkage is inserted... see if that operates and if may be the linkage just fell out of it's socket.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:16 PM

thanks for the fast reply. I thought the motor located on the passenger side was the stepper motor responsible for temperature control not air flow? Is the drum you are referring to behind this stepper motor? About 2 months ago i did replace my air speed control module which sounds like the general area you are referring to. Maybe I screwed something up when I replaced the air speed control module?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Both the hear control motor and the air distribution inpup on the drum are in the same general are on the passenger side of the drum...if you open that area up and post a few pictures I'm sure I can point out the correct place.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:05 AM

I'll do as you say and take the pictures and post them.

as an fyi... I am able to manually turn the blend door control with a screw driver and change the air distribution from defog, to vent to bottom, which is what the motor behind the acc control module should be doing, but it's just not doing it's job. It appears that whatever is suppose to be sending the signal to than motor is not doing its job.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

you don't have any friends with a NG900 with ACC, do you?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuck Flow control Door?