Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Good...but bad...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:47 AM

Default Good...but bad...?

Well her is my story,

I am one of those ppl who like to listen to their music loud, and have a reasonable amount of bass. When i bought my car (1997 900) i immediately bought a new pioneerhead unit with all of the bits and pieces.

Once installed, the rear 6x9"s blew almost immediately. So i went and bought some pioneer 6x9"s (TS-A6962E) hoping that this would not only make the sound system louder, but i would get a decent amount of bass out of them. (Not running off an amp because i cannt afford one :-(. ) Neither of these things happened. With aftermarket speakers i still get close to no bass and they definately do not go very loud. Any one no something i can do?

And also its a base model so there r no door speakers. Does anyone know if it is expensive to get these installed. (I know i would have to buy an amp just wondering about the moulds and what not)
Old 10-21-2008, 03:00 AM

Default RE: Good...but bad...?

Ok so 6x9s are not gonna get you more bass i am sorry but just not gonna happen. Your stock speakers produce more sound with less power due to cheaper materials... The stockers immediately blew because you were way over powering them. You now are under powering your better speakers.... You want to get some good speakers for the front and your aftermarket head unit will be capable of powering them with no problem and you should get some decent volume out of them as well... Now if you want bass you really need a sub. there is no way around this
Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM

Default RE: Good...but bad...?

since my last post, i have made some VERY large improvements on my previous story. Her it goes.

I got sick of listening to my music the way it was and decided i was going to go all out with my upgrade. So i first off went out and bought myselfa Rockford Fosgate P1 sub and matching monoblock amp. Most beautiful thing i couldve done. haha. The hearing how good that was, i fell in love with Rockford Fosgate, so to speak. I then upgraded the front speakers by disconnecting the dash speakers, and putting a Rockford Fosgate 6.5" component in the doors and the tweeters sit on the dash.

All my friends love it and i now have the best sound system of all my friends :-)

In the future i also plan to change the pioneer 6x9"s to Rockford Fosgate aswell. May as well go all out again...hahaha Love the new sound!!!