Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Front spoiler, side skirts, and back skirt

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Front spoiler, side skirts, and back skirt

Okay so i posted the same topic in the 9-3 forum but i didnt get any responses so i figured its because i didnt post it in the right place so here it is again lol

Okay..im in a new dilema and like always asking for your advice to help me decide sooner! [8D]

I want to get the new GS front spoilerfor my 9-3 and i am wondering how will it look without getting the rest of the body kit; as in side skirtsand back skirt. Do you guys think itll look too obvious if i get just the front spoiler; too obvious that i am missing the rest of the body kit? id like to save money and think that itll look really good without having to get the rest of the kit, and also, does the aero side and back skirt sit lower than the regular side skirts that the 06 9-3 2.0T?

thx,
Alex

GS front spoiler --> http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...1dd31540cf7f0b

Aero side skirts and back skirt --> http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/p...1dd31540cf7f0b
Old 05-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Front spoiler, side skirts, and back skirt

IIRC the aero skirts are about an inch and a half lower. I didn't realize how much dress-up GS carried for newer 9-3s...
Old 05-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Yeah they have a few things. So they are about 1.5 inches lower...okay good because now that i have these new wheels on, i want to lower it and everybodys been telling me to lower it as well. At the same time, the car is fairly new, still under warranty so idk if i should lower it. With that said, im looking to buy the sideskirts, front spoiler and the back skirt to make the car look lower..hopefully, and even if it doesnt look any lower im sure itll still look good.

About that front spoiler, I talked to Nick the other day at GS and he said that he will be getting those in about 2-3 weeks. Kinda sucks, he shouldve had them already, idk whats the delay; 2-3 weeks from now i couldve had all that put on my car arggggggggg
Old 05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

expect that with many not-too-common parts....it makes no sense to stock something that could end up not sold.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Thats very true. But i guess i wasnt expecting it to be delayed 2-3 weeks after the date it was said to arrive; i was mostly expecting them to only have a low number, since they dont know how the demand for it will be. Its all good... ill be patient, i think itll look good.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

I waited that long for my shocks....in the end it was all worth it.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

yea I want that full kit alexdrops and wouldnt mind getting the bumper insert so I can run a exhaust out my bumper? would a aftermarket exhaust hurt my car? I hear putting cold air intakes on the nwer saabs throws codes and causes "limp mode" but I could be wrong?would a exhaust cause anything to happen "code" wise?
Old 05-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

exhaust causes no harm if the cat and the O2 sensors are still there...also, contrary to popular belief, an intake is not a necessity...you can just add high flow filter and live that way.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

so roto if I just bought a K&N air filter but not the whole set (like full cold air intake/hose etc.) I would be ok? buy like a 50 dollar high performance air filter or something similar but keep the same hose hook up
Old 05-09-2008, 01:43 AM

yeah ive talked about the same topic with roto a while ago, about the cold air intake. It is true it can put your car in limp mode, but thats only if u do not install your intake properlly. For example, if you have a leak at the MAF (Roto). Both, the cold air intake and the high performance filter adds a sportier sound to the car (cold air intake its most likely lounder), but not so much any performance gain.

Quick Reply: Front spoiler, side skirts, and back skirt