General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

03 Saab 93 SE won’t crank (Manual trans)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 08:19 PM

Default 03 Saab 93 SE won’t crank (Manual trans)

Hello everyone, so about a 2 months ago while up in the mountains of Colorado everything was fine with my car as it normally is. Shut it off like normal and came back later to see that it wouldn’t start, just cranked and cranked. This ended up being a bad crank position sensor so after it was all cool it fired back up and I got home. Since then I have replaced the sensor with one from orielys. Once replaced it fired up fine and I figured all was good. The next day I go to start it and it just does one click when turning the ignition, then eventually after trying a couple more times it finally starts and I was a little worried but didn’t think much of it. Get it back home and the next time I go to start it it does the same thing, just one click no matter what and it’s been like that for roughly two/ three weeks and I cannot figure out the issue. Battery is good no blown fuses that I can find, never had thus issue until I replaced the crank sensor. Today (5/25) I randomly when to try starting it and it fired right up. Drove it down the street parked it and then hoped back in 30 min later. Started up again, got back home and it’s back to the one click.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I’m in college and I really can’t afford to bring it to a shop unless I know there’s nothing I can do. Thanks