General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

900S 1996 Convertable top motor..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Default 900S 1996 Convertable top motor..

Hi I just got a 1996 900S Convertable top did not work I manualy lowered it .. I found two bent rods under the bonnet cover,, streighten out ..I restested and heard a chattering in the trunk .. took out the trunk motor grounded it motor quiet! and top worked.. "No" striped gear on it? do the gears in the motor go bad or the transmission? and if I got a used motor could I just put that on ?? Will that save me a trip to get this reprogramed then? OR is there a timing off on the motor because of the rods being off? Thanks for the help along the way.....
Old 06-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Default Update...!

Heres a Update I was able to Fix my problem... the motor in a 94-98 900S convertible seems to go bad the gears parts etc.. will I was able to fix mine in time by drilling a hole on the side (opposite the safety gold plate release on the motor) and put a 2 inch bolt and pull it flush as the other side ... Its been working so far 2 weeks and many many up and down .. So if you have this problem try it .. It might work for you also ..Good luck.