General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Anti-Lock Brake, Sport & Winter Modes, Heated Mirrors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 PM

Default Anti-Lock Brake, Sport & Winter Modes, Heated Mirrors, etc.

I have a 1998 Saab 900 SE Turbo Convertible (stick shift) only for the last 4 months and this is my first Saab; so I don't know many of its features. I would appreciate if you could answer my questions below: 1. Does my car have anti-lock brakes? If it does, how to operate them? 2. If my car has Sport and Winter modes, how can I turn them on? 3. Where is the switch to turn on/off the heater of the side mirrors? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by INeedU
I have a 1998 Saab 900 SE Turbo Convertible (stick shift) only for the last 4 months and this is my first Saab; so I don't know many of its features. I would appreciate if you could answer my questions below: 1. Does my car have anti-lock brakes? If it does, how to operate them? 2. If my car has Sport and Winter modes, how can I turn them on? 3. Where is the switch to turn on/off the heater of the side mirrors? Thanks.
You can actually download the manual for this model in PDF format. It will give you most of the information. If you have a manual Saab, there is no Winter/Sports mode. That's what you have direct manual gear control for. Only the automatic trans. have this feature.

I'm not sure about the heated mirrors but I think they only come on when the demister function is enabled on the climate control panel.

Your car should have ABS, assuming that it is still working the way it's supposed to. ABS just works, you don't have to do anything special.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Default Enabling demister function

Hi niblank,

Thanks for your help. How do I enable the demister function? I also want the heating/cooling fan to start manually so the starter does not experience an extra load every time I start the car. Can it be done on the climate control panel? If so, how?

Thanks.

Prabir
Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM

Here is a link to the manual. You can find directions to the Climate Control system in the Table of Contents.

http://www.saabinfo.net/files/pdf/SAAB_9-3MY02.pdf