General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blinker problem on my NG900

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM

Default Blinker problem on my NG900

Hi, I'm new here. I've just joined the ranks of the saab people with a nice '96 900SE 5-spd coupe. I am in love with this car. Enough fun that I really have to keep an eye on the cops for the first time. Haha, it's a blast..

Ok, I have a problemo. My right side directionals won't turn off. They're not blinking, they're just plain ON. When I use the blinkers they do blink a little bit brighter. The left side works fine.

I called a nearby Saab dealer and they said it sounds like I need a new directional switch. And that one can be installed for a total of about $230. Does anyone know how much the part alone is, and how difficult it is to install? If I can, I'd like to do it myself. I have to admit, I'm not very mechanical yet but I'm very interested in learning.

Also, another glitch - unrelated. I changed my battery and now my radio display says "CODE IN" and it won't turn on. I guess it needs to be reset or something. Does this need to be done by a dealer? How can I do it? I really do miss music while driving.

Thanks very much in advance. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.