General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Climate control problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Climate control problems

Heater blows out of front vents only switch **** that changes direction of air doesn't do anything.All other controls on climate control panel work properly what could be the problem?Any suggestions?

1999,9-3,manual.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Climate control problems

the "toilet paper holder" is broken....or the back of the **** itself is. Or both. It's not a difficult fix, it's just a matter of getting to it. http://www.eeuroparts.com/productdet...&code=4809this is a link to the part if it is the one. You'll have to take the glovebox out and than the panel on the side of the center console. After that you should be able to replace it. However it can also be a broken **** rod, so first take the thing apart, see what actually is broken and only than start replacing parts.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:26 AM

Dammn ) that was the part that i found in the glovebox and threw it away last nightit didn't look like the part of the car .Tonight my friend is gonnalook for itmaybe it's still there).
And also do you know ifits possible to install auto climate control unitinstead of manual can ijust plug it in or there's something else need to be modyfied?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

unfortunalely to do manual to auto climat control you'll need a whole donor car. It's not cheap or easy.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Thanks for help now i know what the problem is and that is not expensive fix ,i hope i'll find that part today).
P.S. i love my SAAB it fits me great looks awesome ,performance is reallly good,andi'm
on my way to make it even better.Hopefully it'll turn to viggen one day).Thank you again for useful information and good luck with your SAABs everyone.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

good luck finding a viggen It's much easier to clone one nowadays than to get one in decent condition. What are your plans for the car in general?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Actually there's one on e-bay right now,but i don't know about condition,anyway i don't have that much money right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-...spagenameZWDVW

I wantjust as you said clone my 9-3 into something close to viggen ,but that isthe plans for the future first i want to make my car mechanically perfect then i'll fix the body especialy front(needs new bumper coverand all lights).I wish i had a garage ,i could probably do most of therepairs myself.But now i'm ordering new parts that i will need and when they all come i'lltry to do it inmy friend's garage.Where do you work on your car?I thinkit's a little easier in PA.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

I work on it wherever I can find space...usually in the parkign lot. That viggen on ebay has non-original wheels and has a salvage title. I'd stay way clear of it. Most likely a hack-job repair cause the body parts are crazy expensive on that car. If you need a new bumper look around for a igen bumper and start piecing it together.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:13 PM

Are you guys gathering together sometimes?
The reason why i asked is i met with group of WV enthusiasts who are meeting every wednesday on the parking lo nearby ,wounderingis SAAB owners have same meetings in NY,NJ,or PA.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

last thursday there was a mini-meet with like 3 of us showing up to a general car meet. Total of like 20 cars. So far the schedule looks like every thursday and tuesday around northeast philly... I do plan to organize a little meet when it gets warmer.

Quick Reply: Climate control problems