General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help... "97" 900 se Turb. .....problems..

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Help... "97" 900 se Turb. .....problems..

Please give me some advice to my problem......I have a 97 900SE Turbo 5spd .....when the engine revs between 1800-2500 rpm the engine jerks...I thought it was the sparks, so I replaced the Bosch Super risistor plugs.....but still having the problem.....Initiallly when i first start the engine I don't see this jerking motion, but after driving for about 3-4 miles the problems starts.....Please help...My Neck Hurts SOOOO Much [:'(]From All the Jerking from the engine......Desperate........Also does anyone know about putting Dielectric Grease into the DI unit ????????

Thanks for any inputs......
Old 12-14-2006, 12:22 AM

Default RE: Help... "97" 900 se Turb. .....problems..

Well i had the same problem first thing you did wrong was put in bosch plugs. thats a no no.. NGK V-Power BCPR6E-11 are the correct plugs for the DI yes Dielectric grease is a must and correct gap .040 theDi sends a signal to the PCM to ajust and with bosh plugs or the rong gap can really mess things up for the DI ifi were you i would do that first then if thats not it. Take and remove the DIafter motor has been OFFfor a minute or two and flip over so the 4 tails are facing upplace the plugs in ang run a wire from each thred to the negitive battery.. Then Crank over to see park if you do not see onespark yourDI is gone try at least 3 time to insure as for the DI its avaible at CarQuestfor $420 big price tag and comes in a GM box although its easy to replace its costly if you end up replaceing the DI contact me and i will give complete directionsfor replaceing and torx specs for everything. Good Luck!

Ed
850-766-3182