Go Back  Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum > General Saab Forums > General Auto Related Help Area
Key not recognised in ignition - urgent help please! >

Key not recognised in ignition - urgent help please!

General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Key not recognised in ignition - urgent help please!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:33 PM

Default Key not recognised in ignition - urgent help please!

I have just purchased a Saab 9-3 turbo convertible and only has one key as it was a Cat C write off. The repair work has been carried out and just taken for MOT today. Drove perfectly to the garage, and locked/unlocked fine. Then for no known reason, when putting key into ignition, the display showed "Key not recognised - contact service". At this point the key still locked/unlocked the car, but it just wouldn't start it, or take the steering lock off. Later, the key wouldn't even lock/unlock the car. (It locks/unlocks fine manually taking the key out of the complete fob).
I have put jump leads on just in case lack of power to battery, and changed the battery in the keyfob which has had no effect. The car is now stuck at the MOT garage with steering lock on!
I would appreciate ideas very quickly, as due to take for VIC check at end of week!
Thanks Dave Buckley-Robbins ([email protected]), 07930 697406

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.