General Auto Related Help Area Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

P1312 on 03 93 Linear

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 03:54 PM

Default P1312 on 03 93 Linear

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and Saabs but not to cars. My girlfriend has a 2003 9-3 Linear. Yesterday it started to act up with hesitation and little power. I checked the codes and it came up with P1312, which seems to be Manufacture specific. I did some googling and found that its common to the DIC's which this car doesn't have one but rather 4 separate coils.

I changed the plugs to the stock oem ones, the NGK5542. It had Bosch ones installed. I'm wondering if one of the coils have gone bad due to the old plugs but I swapped them and still got the same code, which should have changed to I believe 1334. I swapped 1 and 3 with 2 and 4, basically swapping the front 2 with the back 2 to change the code from 1 and 2 to 3 and 4 but that didn't happen.

Any help is much appreciated. As mentioned before I'm not new to cars, I owe 3 Mercedes which I service and maintain all on my own. I'm an aviation mechanic and my father has his own diesel repair business, we're just not keen to the Saab specific items.