New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Antifreeze making me SICK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Antifreeze making me SICK?

10 years ago I was rushed to the doctors office because my tongue had swollen so big it was beginning to block off my airway.
The cause ended up being from a leak in the antifreeze system that was leaving a small puddle on the floor right below the brake peddle. (I have to put in here that when I first saw the puddle the mechanic I was going to at the time said it could not be causing my problem--he was wrong!)

Four weeks ago I had my oil changed along with my antifreeze. The next day my tongue started to feel swollen as it did 10 years ago. Four weeks later I am still struggling with a swollen tongue but not as severe.

I looked for a puddle but there is none. My question is-can there be a leak anywhere else involving the antifreeze that is getting into the air inside my car?
From the fan, heater, vents, anywhere???

I completely cleaned the engine and the area around it just in case some antifreeze got spilt and the fumeswere coming through any vents into the car.

Help!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Antifreeze making me SICK?

Year/Model of the car would help, but rear the thread I posted at the following link. It's a pretty common failure and it's right in the ventilation system.
https://saabforums.com/m_1067/tm.htm