Go Back  Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum > General Saab Forums > New Member Area
My first Saab purchase. Am excited but also nervous. >

My first Saab purchase. Am excited but also nervous.

New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

My first Saab purchase. Am excited but also nervous.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:46 PM

Default My first Saab purchase. Am excited but also nervous.

A little about me... 47 years old, living in Ohio, and (somewhat) mechanically-inclined.

I have always driven Ford and General Motors vehicles. Have always bought used, and have done most of the repairs myself. My 2001 Saturn just bit the dust, so on a whim I purchased a Saab on Craig's List. It's the first foreign-made vehicle I've ever owned.

It's a 2005 9-5 Arc sedan. It has 72,000 miles. Automatic transmission. I am buying it from the original owner. I will be taking possession of the vehicle this Wednesday.

I won't lie... I'm nervous about this purchase. On the one hand I'm excited; the car is really nice. On the other hand I've heard parts are very expensive and they're difficult to work on.

So any words of wisdom? Are there some things I should check out right away?

And as mentioned, I live in Ohio, not from Dayton. If I need to take it to a mechanic, are there any suggestions on whom to take it to?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2015, 09:19 AM

Hi there, Welcome to Saab Forums !

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.