New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:44 PM

Default need help!!

i just picked up a 1999 9.3 se convertible with 46k miles and i want to bump up the HP to the max without doing anything internaly to the engine. my problem is i have no idea where to start and when i called a performance parts place they were down right rude because i was asking questions. can someone help me, PLEASE?
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

You can go quite high without internal mods however you have a convertible.
You want this, under options select "brace, ARB, and subframe brace before doing any kind of power increase. After you get these mods done you should get and exhaust, pass through intercooler, 3" downpipe, a TD04 turbo off of a vviggen, and a new tune and you'll be very surprised by your newly reborn car.

Last edited by Roto; 05-02-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 PM

thanks for the advice. I would love to pick your brain through some emails if thats cool anthonychansky@hotmail.com . I bought my car for $3k off a college gal and it is absolutly mint with under 50k miles. the only problem, its an automatic. i ordered what you told me to( i believe that was a great first thing to do) but i found a lot more stuff i want but im confused. the stage 3 kit says + 3"downpipe with sportcat. i had the 3" downpipe (version2) on my list. do i still need that with the stage 3 kit?or should i get the stage 2? I want to make it bad *** but still want to roll around my little beach town with the roof down. other items i want to get is the k&n open air system, saab sport exhaust or whatever exhaust sounds the best, koni strut/spring lowering kit. am i on the right path? do i need to get new intercooler, BOV and the little things like that. by doing everything i just said, what HP do you think i will be pumping out at the crank. also is it worth finding a wrecked manual car and convert my auto? will i get the 205HP rating by doing that and one more question is all this worth it. I'm not completly sold on it because the auto tranny but it was so nice I couldnt pass it up. I spoke to nick at the website you sent me and he told me my T-5 is bullet proof. is that true. thanks roto, i appeciate you taking me under your wing. tell me what i need to do and the order i should do it and i will. my budget is $4000-$6000. whatever it takes to smoke my best friends 2002 M-3 that he paid $26000 for. I want to do it for under $10k including $3000 i paid for car. i put some 18" wheels and the fattest rubber that will fit. that's my story. hope you keep on helping me out. thanks again. oh, one more thing, where can i get some subtle body mods?