Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum

Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum (https://saabforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   New Person (https://saabforums.com/forum/new-member-area-5/new-person-475/)

JasonMully 03-14-2007 02:58 PM

New Person

Hello all.
I am the new guy just bought my first Saab and it was a very good idea. I am in the Boston area and it is a nice day to drive around in my new car.

Jason

Roto 03-14-2007 03:35 PM

RE: New Person

Which year and model did you get? Welcome to the site btw:-D

JasonMully 03-14-2007 05:00 PM

I picked up a 06 9-3 Aero. Great car and some nice get up and go.

Roto 03-14-2007 08:00 PM

congrats on picking up one of the nicest cars on the market. I hope you took advantage pricewise of it being an 06;)

JasonMully 03-14-2007 11:15 PM

Sure did got it for 10k off new sticker price. never titled or nothing. had 60 miles on it when i drove it off the lot.

Roto 03-14-2007 11:53 PM

Wooohooo for a great deal!

JasonMully 03-15-2007 10:46 AM

Yep with the 10k I saved means it is going to the shop in about a month for a new down pipe, intercooler, and new Exhaust. Not sure if I will have the turbo done yet or not. I will see what the base line dyno says after the other work is done. I would like to get it close to 400 hp by the time summer roles around.

Roto 03-15-2007 11:25 AM

hehe....400 by the summer? Being overly optimistic...you do know that if you do that you will have no warranty if you have any?

JasonMully 03-15-2007 11:45 AM

Not really woried about the warranty. I put a lot of miles on cars so it would be up in about a year and a half anyways. Depending on the work and the price this may just turn into a weekend fun car for the summer.

Roto 03-15-2007 12:45 PM

hmmm....weekend fun car is where it's at.Any chance you would plan on attending would you be interested in attending saabs at carlisle?It's may 18-th through may 20-th and there should be plenty of saab folk over there...with mods too.

JasonMully 03-16-2007 12:04 AM

what state is it located in? I am in Mass depends on how far it is from me if I can talk the wife into letting me go.

Roto 03-16-2007 12:38 AM

It's Carlisle PA. It is quite a hike, but than again there's people from all over the place coming. I have the wife problem too...hard to talk them into things ya know:-D

JasonMully 03-16-2007 10:48 AM

Yep don't think I can talk the wife into going to that one or letting me go. It is about 7 hours from my house in a car. Maybe I will start working on her for next year.

Roto 03-18-2007 05:20 PM

Well there'll be other events...this is just the biggest. There was just a saab dyno day not too long ago. That's where I got my baseline.

turboAERO 03-20-2007 02:57 AM

Just curious on your car when you plan on begging to mod it what kind of tunning are you planning on getting. And running at 400hp I hope you know someone who can custome tune it for you (Jak from JSP does custom tuning but its not cheap)...But I dont much about the really new saabs but im guessing you are running on the t7 as well (unless they have a newer system) but for 400hp you will need a GT model turbo w/ like u said the 3" dp and exhaust and FMIC with the turbo that will make the power you want, then prob stage 3 clutch kit and some differnt sensors (the tuner would tell you the small stuff) but if you have the money and desire to make a 400hp saab its not that much work but u do have to be careful with that much power in it you would be safe to purchase forged pistons and go all out with the internals and porting and cams...but again its all about the money and they're not cheap cars to mod

JasonMully 03-20-2007 07:48 PM

Yep I know a guy that does it. He has been tuning my buddy EVO 9 and loves to do imports. I would not trust my car to someone that had no clue what he was doing. He is working on a price list for me now. It should be fun to see how bad the bill is going to be. It looks like it is going to turn into a just summer ride and going to buy a winter beater.

Jason

turboAERO 03-21-2007 04:52 AM

Well that sounds good as long as your buddy knows the differnce between jdm cars and a saab. Only reason I say this is because saab uses the trionic ecu system which only saab uses and it's not the most common system for people to know how to tune. But granted if you have the equipment and general knowledge of how any turbo system works I'm guessing he will know what to do.
And if you have any questions on where to find parts let me know, I hope I could help you out.