New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie from Yorkshire

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:10 PM

Default Newbie from Yorkshire

Hi folks, I've just bought myself a nice 04 plate Saab 9-3 1.9 Tid.

Got a problem already though!

The alternator is knackered!
I only picked the car up yesturday, so to say im a little annoyed is an understatement!
Before I paid for the car I did all the usual checks and took it for a test drive where all seemed fine. Drove the car home (60 miles), to the local shops, and then parked the car up for the night. Started the car up this morning with no problems and drove about 20 miles to Currys. when I pulled into the car park I noticed that there was an error for the traction control.
Turned the car off and then tried to turn it back on again and it wouldnt start!
Got the car started again with a battery pack and there was errors for TC, ABS, and airbags! Also the power steering wasnt working!
Checked the alternator and it is only producing 12 volts, not the 14 volts that it should be when running.

Phoned the garage up where I got it from and he says that there is no warrenty on the car as it has done over 120k miles!!
Am i right in thinking that in the UK all vehicles sold from a garage are subject to a 30 day warrenty no matter what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx, Marcus