New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

A Saab? I guess. Maybe. I dunno.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM

Default A Saab? I guess. Maybe. I dunno.

How are you Saab folks.

I'm the guy most forum folks hate. I did not poke around in the site at all to find my questions already answered. I just joined & threw down a post. Haters are free to unload. It's justified.

I'm a 40ish guy with a wonderful wife & a 16 year old girl in drivers ed. My wife loves her Mini & we bought my girl a 6 year old CRV.

Carla (wife) drug me to a car lot yesturday evening to show me a car that caught her eye. It's a '99 Saab convertable. I think it's a 9-3. 120k...manual...black. It's presentable but it's due a paintjob. The interior is worn. The power top does not work but the canvas is new. It's got a little hail damage but it's never been painted on. It's priced less than $3k.

I like to be a hands on kind of car guy but I am most comfortable with pre-'80s american stuff. I will have to farm out most of the maintanence on a car like this. It looks like it could be a cool beater. What am I getting myself into?

Since this post is bad forum form; this could be my last post/thread.
If I buy it; I promis to lurk around a while to get the lay of the land.
If I don't buy; there's no reason to stink up your forum.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

If you can work on a car - you can work on a Saab. Would I buy that particular one? Hell no. I think a tad under 3K is too much for something that needs that much work. For 3K you can pick one up that is in better shape.