New Member Area
New to Saab Forums.com? Stop in tell us about you.

What does SAAB say about who you are?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:37 AM

Default What does SAAB say about who you are?

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to get as many opinions as possible about what SAAB says about you as a person and why you prefer to own a SAAB? I am looking at upgrading to a new car within the next few months and would really love to hear why a SAAB is the way to go. I didn't want to be like friends of mine and get a BMW or an Audi, so I figured I would look more at SAAB. Unfortunately the SAAB website isn't all that great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
JS
Old 08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: What does SAAB say about who you are?

Well to me a Saab is a way of life. It's more than what you drive, it's how you look at things. Unfortunately the new saabs are more GM than Saab, but that's just life. There's a big following for older saabs and we love our cars.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM

I love saabs because you get the sleek european feel and look...very similar to a bmw and audi..but you dont have to worry as much about your ride looking like someone elses.
I will see beamers and audis all day long driving down the road..but ive only seen a couple saabs around my area..literally a couple.
and it doesnt hurt that there is quite a bit of power under the hood too
Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, and some Saab owners actually wave at each other, while the BMW drivers flip off Audi drivers :-D
Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 PM

hahaha
Old 08-21-2008, 12:35 PM

SAAB - Something An A$$hole Buys

I was on the turnpike with mine yesterday afternoon, which was my birthday, BTW - and I was behind a Scion TC. I went to pass him, and he decides to one-up me by speeding up so I cant get back into the middle lane. So I downshifted, and let the turbo do the rest of the talking...[8D]

Call me an @$$hole, I guess... lol

I dont think people even realize/acknowledge what these cars are capable of when well cared for. If you understand that maintaining one of these is tedious, and sometimes a bit costly, and you can handle the inital investment time and moneywise, you will be rewarded with a classic style and great performance that pwns any honda, nissan, and toyota punk with no patience or sense of individualism.

My two cents.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Um...costly maintainance??? You've been shopping for parts at the stealership, haven't you? And no, a$$holeness is not associated with saabs. However they can surprise quite a few drivers.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Lol, caught red-handed. But even if you are ordering parts from other places, junkyards, parts cars, what have you, it still requires considerable time and effort, even if you are saving the money. Realistically, if we're trying to save by supplying our own parts, we spend hours, days, weeks maybe searching for the specific parts we need. Then there's the effort of finding a decent mechanic who won't do more harm than good, or if youre the DIY kind, you are spending your weeknights, or your weekends servicing your own car because you don't have the same facilities as the mechanic.

In the end I'm sure we save by leaving SAAB out of the loop, but in the end, SOMETIMES, I'd rather keep the time and lose the money, than the other way around. Time is way more expensive than money.

edit - typos
Old 08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Um, you really have no idea man These are some of the easiest to work on cars...and they're as cheap to fix as my old civics were. Coming from a honda owner it should tell you something. As far as the mechanic comments go...I've got a great mechanic in philly who's reasonable.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM

good to know considering where I got my saab from...

Quick Reply: What does SAAB say about who you are?