Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... almost anything goes.

Talk About Bad Luck

Old 11-19-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Talk About Bad Luck

Saturday the Saab got Rearended [:@]... Sucks 'cause we just got it... Oh well, we'll get it fixed, I'm just angered that it got hit and that the girl's dad is trying to say it's nothing, and that it's not entirely her fault that she hit a car that was stopped at a stoplight... lol

He offered me $200 for the damage... LOL First estimate is around $800... Looks like their insurance company's going to take care of this one...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Talk About Bad Luck

That sucks, I hate when things like these happen...like it just did to my wife's brand new car. What I hate even more is people saying "It's nothing" especially when I know exactly how much it'll cost to fix.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:29 PM

I told him off the bat that depending on what they do it's going to be $800+... Of course he thought I was a liar... Even thought he didnt' say that to my face I could tell by talking to him...

Plus he called his 21 year old daughter the "little girl" that rearended my car... Even though she's only a year younger than I am... I think he's just trying to make me feel bad for her so I don't make their insurance go up...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Don't listen to him and don't feel bad about contacting their insurance. This was her fault and she should eat the bill.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Roto

Don't listen to him and don't feel bad about contacting their insurance. This was her fault and she should eat the bill.
My feelings exactly!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

that happened to me once...a lady cut me off while I WAS DRIVING! hit the front fender and then hit the gas to escape. this is no joke...I followed her to catch her but she went through a red light(im not talking yellow to red...im talking RED) and I was forced to lose her...and insurance in hawaii is weird b/c its a no fault state..she did 1300 dollars of damage to paint my fender bend it back and my front bumper also...and to fix all these screws and what not holding the fender together
Old 01-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Yeah, it ended up being a $1500 repair by a reputable shop. Ths first shop we went to was our local Saab Dealership, but they didn't want to replace any parts so I decided that was a bad idea since they wanted to repair the hole in my bumper along with the hole in my lower spoiler.

I didn't have to pay anything luckily since it was all on her insurance. Oh well, we had a rental car and all... Luckily having that rental car made me remember 100% why we got the Saab... The rental was a 07 Corolla, which was what we traded in... lol

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.