PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Mark this thread as Unsold

1992 Saab 900 for sale (PLEASE READ) $850 OBO

Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Default 1992 Saab 900 for sale (PLEASE READ) $850 OBO

Here’s your chance to own a classic Saab 900. This nice 1992 Saab 900 has the reliable 16 valve 2.1 engine with a 3 speed automatic transmission and anti-lock brakes. It has close to 114,000 and as you can see, the car is in good shape. Do the math, and you will see that this car does not have much mileage for its age.

This Saab was my work horse to go to and from work for a year and half (an average of 18 miles a day on the highway). However, recently as I was driving the car I pressed the brake pedal and it went all the way down.The car did slow down somewhat when I strongly pressed down (all the way down) on the brake pedal and I used the emergency brake. The master brake cylinder and brake booster had been replaced by a local mechanic not even two months ago. But it is apparent he did not know how to work on these cars. I called the mechanic but he said he did not want to work on the car, and said he was not responsible for what happened to the car after it left his shop. Great, my luck. I do not know if he did a lousy job or if something else is faulty.

I really do not want to part with it as it is a nice, comfortable, safe, solid coupe, but my wife and I have decided to only keep one car to cut back on expenses. All you need to do is fix the problem with the brakes and the coolant leak, and you will have a nice, running classic Saab 900. PLEASE NOTE: The car CANNOT be driven as the brakes are not working properly.

This car is 16 years old so please keep that in mind. I will list all the problems/defects that I am aware of first.

THE BAD
1) As indicated above, the brakes are currently not working. Emergency brake is good.
2) There is a small coolant leak (drops) which stems from the radiator area. (I've had that problem for several months. I just kept adding coolant to the reservoir tank)
3) The floor on the driver's side and driver's side rear passenger has some brake fluid (from the first time the brake cylinder failed). That can be washed and dried.
4) The headliner needs to be repaired (common Saab 900 problem)
5) The radio/CD player powers on, but no sound emits from the speakers. (I never took the time to check the wiring)
6) The seat belts for the rear passengers need to be repaired
7) The side turn signal bulb on the driver's side needs to be replaced
8) I believe there are two dead bulbs on the stop lights
9) The trip meter stopped working about 3 months ago (The odometer works fine)
10) The windshield wiper on the passenger side will need to be replaced and the little wipers on the lights do not work
11) Small cracks on dashboard (common 900 problem)

THE GOOD
The engine and transmission are both in very good condition. No leaks of any kind. The car starts fine and the automatic transmission shifts the way it should (including reverse). It does not burn any oil. The AC works, but refrigerant will need to be added. No heavy rust. Recent oil change.Owners manual included.

Based on the year and the miles, the mileage on this car is not bad, and those who have had Saab 900s know that these cars (when properly taken care of) can go the distance. Do the math and you will see that the average amount of miles on this car per year equals to less than 8000. The paint is nice and has gloss and the tires still have thread. Prior to purchasing this Saab, I did a Carfax check and it came back clean. It has not been in any wreck. I had it for almost 2 years and had no problems with it until recently with the master brake cylinder. It has scratches and small dings on the passenger side, but nothing major. The interior is not perfect, but it is not junk. ASKING $850 OBO

If you need pictures, please contact me and I shall provide more pictures. BUYER is responsible for shipping/pickup arrangements. Payment options will be discussed in private.