PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Mark this thread as Unsold

A few items from a Classic 1976 99GL

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 AM

Default A few items from a Classic 1976 99GL

I still have a complete set of front and rear seats (including the pop out head rest pieces) that came out of a 1976 Saab 99GL.

I had the seats completely redone and reupholstered. They were rebuilt with new new backing, new cushions and completely reupholstered in a a nice looking brown/tan cloth. I believe the heated portions of them still exist in there as well (the wires were always there to be hooked up but mine didnt have the switch or controls for them, but the seats appeared to be wired for it). Anyways, I had them redone about 2 months prior to totaling the car, so they are still like brand new, but have been in storage for many years. I will be getting them out of storage in the next few weeks and can clean them up and get pictures for anyone interested.

I paid almost $750 to have them redone, but will gladly sell for much less. I;m not sure on asking price until I get them out and look them over, most likely I will just accept offers.

I think I also still have an original Saab spoiler for the car as well, which is kind of foam rubber, and is not the hard coat kind on the newer 900s. I will have to check and verify that I still have it.

I figured I would mention these items in case anyone here has an interest in them (I think they will also fit the classic 900s as well, although the headrest design looks a little different from what I recall). The headrests are part of the seat and are not adjustable, but do have a pop out head rest cushion.

Sadly the car itself was shredded, so I have no other parts from it, I just didnt want to have to throw away the brand new seats. I bought the spoiler after buying the car, and I believe it came off a classic 900, and fit perfectly.

Anyone have any interest or would like more info, just send me a message.

Thanks