PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Mark this thread as Unsold

Rare Nose End 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Default Rare Nose End 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Conv.

Sold! This is a really nice example of the first year of the 4-cylinder 3-speed automatic CLASSIC 1986 SAAB TURBO 900 CONVERTIBLE. This is one of the first as it has the rare pre-86 nose end. I have been told that this is one of a very few Saab 900's that started life as a hatchback then were factory-converted to a convertible in order to insure that the dealerships had at least a display rag-top for the 1986 model year. Hence, the unusual grill arangement. A very rare car indeed! She drives wonderfully and is incredibly fast and responsive. Runs nice and clean and is great on gas. This baby is in very nice shape and has been maintained. The convertible top, carpets, original factory Saab embroidered mats and gray leather seats have no rips or tears and look absolutely great! Yes, you are indeed looking at the original silver-flake metallic paint with pinstipes and all the original mouldings and rubrails. Why? Because she's never been in an accident, that's why. She's got a few tiny imperfections in the paint here and there over the last 22 years but it's nothing a good detailing won't take care of. The front bumper has a small crease in the plastic. No one ever notices it but because I'm a little ****, it made me crazy so I decided to get a new bumper skin anyway. You'll get it with the car but you'll have to put it on. It should take you about two hours to replace. This car is a real head-turner. She has 108K non-maniac miles on her and she runs like a top. Nice quiet, reliable turbo-charger and intercooler that should last a good long time. The electric convertible top works as do all the windows. The convertible top's hard-boot is in perfect shape and it comes complete with a vinyl carry case for storage in the rear when not in use. The car has most options including A/C but with the drop-top, I've never used it. I had it looked at and the compressor is good but the system will need to be charged with new seals. It has been converted for use with 134a. There's an in-dash Kenwood Hide-a-way motorized-face removable AM/FM/CD with remote control and a five stack multi cd-changer in her immaculate trunk. There is also a complete Saab toolkit in the built-in rear-deck tool caddy. You will get all the documents and manuals with the original leather folio including the complimentary Saab note pad & pen set! Email me for a detailed set of pictures from every angle possible, inside and out. If you like what you see, come take her for a ride. She's been off the road since June and really wants to go for a spin. You won't be disappointed. Email me for more photos and details at: theboneman@comcast.net $4500.00