2001 Saab 9-3 A/C Probelm

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:20 PM

Default 2001 Saab 9-3 A/C Probelm

There is a vibrating sound that comes and goes in a matter or 60 seconds the entire time the a/c is running. Did not do this last summer and just started. I know it is a/c related because it does not do it at all if the a/c is not on. I just back from the dealership today and they basically said it may go away as the compressor runs more after sitting up all winter. I asked what if the compressor was bad and the mechanic there said the a/c would not work. As far as cooling, the a/c is great. It has to be more than that because they car sat up before I bought it last year. I can actually feel the vibration through my gas pedal as I drive. Please help me forum.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:17 PM

may want to just replace the compressor. I'm actually having an issue myself. May just do that.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mrknitefall50
may want to just replace the compressor. I'm actually having an issue myself. May just do that.
I know what you mean, that is what I was told. But this is what happened to me, I had the a/c charged by a service center. The problem started and I took it to the dealership. They said it was not a/c related and charged me 1200 bucks for other stuff. I took it back two days later and complained. Then they (the dealer) said it was overcharged and they released some of the freon and it has been fine every since. The dealer was going to let us keep riding around until the pressure blew the compressor. I will never go back there. But for your info, a compressor w/ labor runs around 2000. Good luck to you.