Beginer's question for 2002 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM

Default Beginer's question for 2002 convertible

I bought a 2002 Saab 93 convertible SE in January and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but a few things are annoying me. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or if I'm missing something.

1. Is there any way to turn the interior light on in the car? They fade in and out when I get in the car/turn it off, but I can't find a way to turn them on while driving.

2. The shoulder harnesses lock all the time. When I pull up to an intersection, I like to lean over and see whose coming. These things lock and hold me back when I'm breaking from 10mph. Is this normal?

3. Any suggestions for removing break dust on the rims? It's only been a few months and the stuff is starting to get caked on there. I looked for this one in some of the other forums, but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks for your help. This forum was very helpful when I was shopping for a new car.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

1. Not sure since I've never actually been in a vert. Usually the button fir this is inbetween the visors. Can you take a picture of that area and the center console? I know that the button has to be there somewhere, but can't tell you without seeing.

2. Yeah, it does that. Could be annoying, but not much you can do there. I actually like when it locks.

3. Any wheel cleaner should do.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the help Roto. I'll take a picture and post it.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:55 AM

I know you posted this a couple of months ago, but, I just got the same car and went through same search for light switch. I think that all interior lighting is on a switch just to the left of the stick (controls dome and the little round lights behind seat belt. if you've already found an answer to your question, sorry for repetiton.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Default How do you like your convertible

I'm buying a 2002 convertible tomorrow with 77,000 miles. I am wondering how you like yours since you've bought them.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:14 PM

it's nice. only had it a couple of months, so it's hard to be to in depth, but I have no major problems with it. It is fun to drive and is good on gas around town
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM

LOL! I literally had the car for 3 months before I found it underneath the e-brake. My 2002 was the basic 205hp w/o the sport package. I bought it from the only Saab dealership in the Wash. DC area and haggled them down to $9400. The car had just under 60k miles. I could've found a similar car cheaper at another non-Saab dealership, but I didn't want to take any chances in getting a piece of crap.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:11 PM

Default 2007 9.3 convertible

the control switch that lets the top go up or down just broke on my 2007 I have been looking everwhere trying to find one and have had no luck I live in south florida and really miss not being able to put the top down can anyone point me to somebody that might be able to help with finding the part Thanks
Old 04-28-2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

car-part.com just look for other parts of the convertible top and call the yard that has the car. Quickest way to get your switch.