Saab 9-3
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOV

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 02:40 AM

Default RE: BOV

Thats not true at all, run a 2.5" or 3" intake pipe down the side of the fender with the largest filter you can fit, then remove the sound insulator from the hood, you can also add the GS Forge BPV I had it but something was wrong with it so its being replaced...but it adds a nice tone as well. But its no were as loud as some of them you hear but it does have a good sound...and when it comes to BOV when they have the louder whiste sound it is caused from a restriction they cause to produce that sound but it is a restriction (nothing noticable in most cases) but on highly moded cars can cause problems, they point is for it to realese the air as fast as possible.
But thats just my insight on it.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

well what I Meant really was that it's nowhere near the sound of a BOV. The sound from the BPV is heard from the intake, correct me if I'm wrong on that, so to really hear it he would need some sort of a modified intake?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 PM

yes exactly, but in most cases added the intake will be cheaper more effiecent and actually have a power gain (minimal but its there)
Old 04-23-2007, 01:59 PM

You may want to give Nick at Genuine Saab a call, he has been testing one of these on different Saabs:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...duct=FMDVSPLTR
Old 04-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Pat, that is a really strange unit you have there))
Old 10-11-2009, 04:46 PM

hey guys, im new on this.
i have a 06 9-3 aero. and i know its alot of work to installing a BOV and i cant find a DV for it. where is the DV on the car anyways? could someone send me a pic of maybe how it looks?? and where could i find one to replace my?? the only thing im shooting for is the "pssssshhh" noice. What would i have to do to make it do that??