Does anyone know tow to remove a 99 9-3 Stock CD PLAYER???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:57 AM

Unhappy Does anyone know tow to remove a 99 9-3 Stock CD PLAYER???

Im new at this Saab Stuff I just recently purchased a 1999 Saab 9-3 4 door sedan fully loaded with every option ... i have only owned the car for 4 days now and i have already fallen in love with it... But i have only one problem i dislike about it...My Stock CD/RADIO doesn't work, I checked all the fuses and they r good. and i don't wanna ruin my wood grain dash trying to get the thing out... Could anyone help me out with some detailed pics of how to remove the stock CD player... or step by step word on how to remove it... I would definitely appreciate it This is my First Saab and i really don't wanna get rid of it but i gotta have some music while I'm driving...

thank you...
Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM

I haven't removed my Saab CD player, but it looks like an ordinary installation.

The four deep holes in the face of the CD player allow you to insert a pair of long u-shaped wire tools that release the latches holding in the unit.

Like this:

Amazon Amazon

I don't know for sure if this is a GM unit, or if it's specific to Saab, but that's the basic idea. Experienced thieves just use the tools, addicts hammer it out of your dash.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:03 PM

I noticed on ebay they have a SAAB radio removal tool. I would check that out. here is the link I hope it helps. I too bought the same car last week!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-...ht_3075wt_1032