Front End Allignment

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:41 PM

Default Front End Allignment

I finally get my car back together and driveable after my last experience with a garage (getting tires put on and the garage stripped the hub out).

Now that it's all back together after waiting two weeks for parts, I need to get the front end aligned.

I'm finding it hard to get the courage up to take it back to another garage, but I have to with this.

Any words of encouragement for me so I can work up the nerve to let another garage take a whack at working on my car?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Front End Allignment

try to avoid stealerships if you can...im taking you never took it to a dealership to begin with?
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 PM

No, I got it used, and well... the nearest saab stealership is about 2 1/2 hours away from here, so I've never even been to the dealership with this car.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

ask around.... bad reputation sticks, so you'll know which places to abvoid like fire. Also I stay away from big chains since they don't pay their mechs well and what good mech will work there. NTB and firestone had been exceptions so far as far as alignments go. Look for an Indie, or an oldtime mechanic... Indie is usually best, but a mechanic with a good rep is always good.