Front License Plate Bracket

Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 PM

Default Front License Plate Bracket

Unfortunately I live in New York State... more unfortunately the state requires that I attach their hideous tracking tag (aka license plate) to the front of my beautiful 2006 9-3.

I bought the car off lease from Michigan, so the bracket isn't on the front bumper, in fact, it's in the trunk - not attached. So, I have it, but no idea how to put it on. The wholes in the bracket just don't line up with the pre-drilled holes in the bumper.

Does anyone have any idea how to put it on? Do I need to drill new holes? It's the same bracket as the rear plate bracket, and I know it's the right part because I ordered one from the dealer, but returned it once I compared it to the part I already have - same part.

If anyone can help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just trying to avoid a ticket.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 AM

Default RE: Front License Plate Bracket

I had an '05 and when I bought it, it had a plate on the front as well. I took it off and they drilled directly into the bumper. It looked like crap. I wasn't too happy. There has to be some kind of bracket designed for thi, but I never found one. I just put a cusom Euro plate on it! It usually comes with a bracket that lines right up. Then I traded it in for an '08 Aero, without the bracket of course. The dealer never said anything about it. Hope this helps. I read your other thread about the accessory button....no clue bro.

SGT D