heater a/c wont turn off?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Default heater a/c wont turn off?

hello all,

i have sort of a strange problem. i was taking a long drive from virginia back to michigan an i noticed that my a/c just wasn't working (i cranked it up but the fan didnt seem to be turning on, usually you can hear the air blowing with more intensity). i didnt think much of it, espeically when it started randomly working again after 6 hours of driving.

now the strange part, when i arrived home and turned off my car, the a/c was still blowing air at full strength. it wasn't responisve to any of the controls except the temperature gauge, but just barely. air was coming from all the vents at full strength, and the car wasn't even on!

im no car expert, i have no idea what this is. anybody ever encounter a similar situation?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM

You need a Blower Module. Its a solid state device that controls the speed of the blower motor. Its a common issue, where the internal transistor shorts out and puts battery voltage to the blower motor.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 AM

I have a 99 9-3 conv and the same thing happens to me - the blower motor just stays on constantly. I simply remove the fuse for the blower motor, but I can't figure out what's wrong? have you had success fixing this? I bought a new control unit for the heater (the actual buttons on the dash that you use to control the heater), but that was not the problem. Please let me know if you got this fixed & what I should do.
Thanks!
jess