HELP! I need to code a new key for my 9-3! I performed a search......

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Question HELP! I need to code a new key for my 9-3! I performed a search......

Hello everyone! First post, though I have used the site a few time before. I performed a search on the forum but still need help:

I have an '01 9-3 that I need new keys for. I previously had one all-in-one key which started the car fine, untill it was damaged. I have another transponder key that I purchased for the car that the locksmith never learned to the vehicle (now I know why) as he was trying to just clone the key. From what I have found, I will need to replace my VSS, marry it to my ECU and have new keys made at a dealership for lots of money, or install a used ECU, VSS, and add new keys using the transponder key(s) that I acuired with the other two units, using a Tech II

I understand that I could have used a Tech II to program a new key if I had one which was operating properly.

I have heard about another computer which can reprogram my VSS to a new key without an operational old one. Does onyone know where I can get access to one, or if it is even possible?

** I did find a company which will take my Twice Module and cut/code two new keys for $600. I really don't look forward to spending that much money, please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks for the help!

-Joe Michael
Old 12-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know, but guys over at www.ecuproject.com probably do!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:51 PM

Default Key Fob

I bought a fob on Ebay and my Saab mechanic programmed it with no issues. I was hesitant but he somehow did it....