Intake problems please help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Default Intake problems please help...

I have a '03 9-3 and i bought a K&N air intake. I installed it and drove for about 20 minutes and then it started to bogg out. i would step on it and i could not accelerate. i did not connect what i think is a vacuum hose to the intake becuase there was no place to connect it to the K&N so i just kept it open...so should i put the stock intake back on? or put on a mini cone filter on the vacuum hose and get the computer reset? or should i be looking at a different problem im having? please help
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

You can not leave a vacuum hose just hanging open like that! Most certainly that is your problem. Also, FYI, many people have had problems with the K&N intake for these cars.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Default intake problem

By the way...I have hear that the new K&N intake causes the computer to throw CEL's because it they are MAP. Also leaving vacuum lines open is always a no no...find something to plug the hole or reconnect stock airbox...don't know much about the new saabs but heard they react poorly to upgrades.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:03 PM

correction...the new Saabs are MAF...not MAP...there computers do not react very well to aftermarket modification, therefore mods tend to throw sensors off
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Not entirely correct. They react well to properly designed mods. The K&N intake seems to be a design problem since there are other intakes that work just fine.