keyless range now short

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Default keyless range now short

2001 9-3 conv-

keyless remote range got very short. New batt + cleaned the contact points on inside. Still no gain. Must be stupid close to lock / unlock.

Where is the antenna and how do I get to it?

Is there any official fix?

thanks guys!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

The antenna is inside the center console. I don't think getting in there will help you.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Thank you for the input. Around the web I have been told that many from that year did not even come with an antenna due to security reasons. Later, SAAB realized it's better to have a longer range. I'll take a peek and see.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

It's keyless. It has an antenna. It's built into the receiver.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Roto
It's keyless. It has an antenna. It's built into the receiver.

Upon looking at alldata, it made no indication of any antenna. Of course there was one. So what I did was extend it by splicing on anoter longer wire and concealed it in the weather stripping of the door. Works like it is supposed to now. Praise God!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by mrknitefall50
Upon looking at alldata, it made no indication of any antenna. Of course there was one. So what I did was extend it by splicing on anoter longer wire and concealed it in the weather stripping of the door. Works like it is supposed to now. Praise God!
Would you please post instructions or tips on how to find this and do what you did? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by harvgill
Would you please post instructions or tips on how to find this and do what you did? Thanks in advance.

alright, In my car, I have to climb in the back seat with only a handful of tools. After you unscrew the panel from under the rear A/C vent, it will come out. tucked on the left side, is the little black box. With this black fabric shielding around it. I trimmed away a few inches at the end and made the wire bare. I took similar thickness wire and twisted them together. once I had a secure connection I simply stuffed all back inside and made sure to line up the vend ducting and screw it back together. It will help to make a notch in the side of the panel so you can lay the new wiring there that it wont get pinched off when the cover goes back on. Then I stuck it under the carpet and wedged it behind the door trim and weather stripping with a small flat screwdriver. You can use almost any length. Sometimes mine reaches several feet and sometimes only a few. Still better than inches like before. hope that helps!