Might have a problem with rear brakes, not sure.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 PM

Default Might have a problem with rear brakes, not sure.

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3, which I purchased used about 15 months ago.

I took it to an garage about a week ago for an oil change (a chain of tire & auto centers). The mechanic who worked on my Saab said the car "hesitated" when he went to drive it - hesitated as in when the car went to move, apparently. When he put it on the lift, he showed me that the rear left tire doesn't rotate as easily as the other rear tire. It was a struggle to move.

He said the e-brake might be stuck. I never put the e-brake on. He said something about the caliper, didn't elaborate. (I recently had the front brakes done, pads and rotors.)

He also said the tire that wasn't rotating as easily was a lot dirtier on the rim than the other rear tire, which it is.

My car has been squeaking a bit when I back up, which has been happening infrequently for a while. It doesn't happen all the time. I was told this noise could be the power steering.

Any idea what the heck this is, the noise and "hesitation"?

I've had some quirky things happen with this car, but usually nothing I can't solve on my own, without overpaying a mechanic who looks for problems on my car. (I've had issues at this garage, where I'm typically always told something is wrong with my car when I bring it in for routine oil changes... frustrating.)
Old 07-13-2010, 11:42 PM

it might just be a sticking handbrake cable linkage on the binding wheel, lumbricate all the linkages and move them constantly, i used wd40, and after it has freed off, then i grease everything around the area using a lithium grease,i would do both sides
frank