Go Back  Saab Forums - Saab Enthusiast Forum > Saab Model Line Up > Saab 9-3
Need assistance with SAAB 93 2.2TDi x reg >

Need assistance with SAAB 93 2.2TDi x reg

Need assistance with SAAB 93 2.2TDi x reg

Old 01-06-2010, 09:49 AM

Default Need assistance with SAAB 93 2.2TDi x reg

I brought this SAAB for the wife about 4 months ago when her Punto was in a crash. The car is immaculate and drove great, she loved it. Not now. Problems started with the car not starting in the morning, i got a new battery thinking that was it, no. I searched the forums and was told about a problem if you start up hill which we do, something to do with the non return valve. I went to the local dealer to ask about this they new nothing of this and said it was the return pipes leaking for which i then replaced. Tried it starting in the morning up hill, non starting. We have parked it for the last 2 months by backing it into the drive and leaving it down hill. Starts fine. So what is the actual part i need to replace to get the problem solved once and for all. Also when the car is 1st started it does have a check engine warning light for about 2 minutes and then goes off. She is also very ruff when in idle, is that the norm for this car, it sits at 1000 rpm but just vibrates the car. I have an ALFA 156 V6 which is very smooth so it may be me being spoilt.

Thank you for any replies as i want the wife to be happy with the SAAB and keep it.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Please get a hold of an OBD2 scanner and tell us what the code for the check engine light is.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.